Saturday 29 August 2015

My Top 5 Lipsticks for Autumn/Winter


  Hey guys!
  Today I'm doing a post on my favourite and probably most used lipsticks of autumn and winter. Summer is definitely coming to an end in Ireland and the rain is back (not that it really ever left) and as a result my makeup has become a lot more autumn inspired and I've fallen back in love with all of the following lipsticks.


From left to right; Sleek Mulberry, Artdeco 105, Mac Media, Nars Fanny and Mac Retro

  The first lipstick that I'm going to talk about is probably the most dramatic of the lot and it is a Sleek lipstick in Mulberry. This lipstick is a dark vampy purple and is just perfect for autumn/winter time. I love to wear this lipstick with a simple eyeshadow look and winged eyeliner. The formulation of Sleek lipsticks are fantastic and as expected Mulberry is super moisturising and pigmented. This is my favourite bold statement lipstick of autumn/winter. 






  In winter I absolutely love a bright red lip (probably because I'm starting to get in a Christmassy mood). My favourite red lipstick of the moment is an Artdeco lipstick in 105. This is the perfect bright red lipstick with a bit of shine. This lipstick is also very moisturising which I love. I love wearing this lipstick with a gold smoky eye and I am ready and in the Christmas spirit (four months early but shhh).








  I love a vampy lip in autumn and winter but sometimes Mulberry can be a bit too intense. When this is the case I love using Mac Media. This is a dark red with a hint of purple. It's a satin formula which means it has a bit of moisture in it BUT it doesn't budge which is amazing. This is probably my most used lipstick in autumn.






  In autumn and winter I am in college which means I go out clubbing a lot more than I did during the summer. My favourite lipstick to wear on a girls night out is the Nars Audacious lipstick in Fanny. I always feel super girly when I wear this. I usually wear clubbing outfits that are more on the edgy/grungy side so wearing a bright pink lipstick adds an interesting twist (in my opinion anyway lol). I love the formula of the Nars Audacious lipsticks as they feel moisturising on the lips and are comfortable to wear.





  The final lipstick that I will be talking about today is Mac Retro. For me, this is the perfect autumn/winter nude. Its a dark browny nude with a slight hint of mauve which gives it that autumn/winter edge. This lipstick is easy to whack on in a rush when you don't have the time to carefully apply a bright lipstick. It also is a satin formula which as I said before means its moisturising and long lasting (do you see the pattern?)




  Thanks so much for reading guys, I hope you enjoyed and I'll talk to you all soon!

  Xoxo
  Sinead

No comments:

Post a Comment