Wednesday 1 July 2015

Top 5 Mac Lipsticks

Hey guys!
 I went into Mac a few days ago and saw a young girl at the lipstick section looking completely overwhelmed by the amount of lipsticks there. This reminded me of the first time I ever went into Mac determined to leave with my very first Mac lipstick (it was very exciting for my fourteen year old self). I went in and was so overwhelmed by the range of colours there and had no idea which one to get and remembering this inspired me to make a blog post about my top five mac lipsticks in the hope that it might help any young girls out there or any beginners. The lipsticks that I am about to talk about are the top five lipsticks that I would recommend from Mac. Even if you are not a young girl reading this it might still give you ideas of a new Mac lipstick to get to build up your collection.   










  The first lipstick that I love is Creme Cup. This is a beautiful nude pink and is perfect for everyday wear. Creme Cup is in a Cremesheen formula which means it's very moisturising and does not require much maintenance throughout the day. In fact I often wack it on without even looking in the mirror and it looks perfect so it's a great lipstick if you're in a rush. It is a pretty neutral colour and therefore goes with a great variety of eye looks. This is a lipstick that I would highly recommend to beginners.


Creme Cup



  The next lipstick that I'm going to talk about is Verve. This shade of lipstick is hugely popular right now and is very 90s inspired. Its a brown nude with a hint of mauve. It's not a shade that's too out there but at the same time it makes a statement so it's a good one if you're starting to venture into bold statement lipsticks. It's in a Satin formula, which is personally my favourite formula. It's definitely not as moisturising as the Cremesheen formula but the lasting power is far superior. It's not completely matte either so it's a nice compromise between a Cremesheen and a Matte lipstick.                                                                                      


Verve
                                                                                      
  I think that every girl needs a bright pink in their makeup collection and for me that's Girl About Town. This is a bright fuschia pink and is the perfect girly colour. The main problem with wearing pink lipsticks is that they can often make your teeth look yellow but I do not experience this problem with Girl About Town! I'm not a girly girl but I do enjoy occasionally putting on this lipstick and feeling a bit more feminine. This is in an Amplified formula which is like a mixture between the Cremesheen formula and the Satin formula. It's moisturising like a Cremesheen lipstick but has lasting power like a Satin lipstick. It's the best of both worlds (Hannah Montana memories haha). 



Girl About Town


  Ruby Woo is that classic Hollywood red that every girl needs. You put it on and instantly feel super glamorous and empowered and ready to take on the world (hoping that's not just me). It is in a Matte formula so it can feel quite drying but it's worth it for the lasting power because it doesn't move throughout the day. If you exfoliate and moisturise your lips beforehand you don't see any flakiness on your lips which sometimes Matte lipsticks emphasise. In other words, it's the perfect red lipstick.


Ruby Woo

   And finally we have Media. This is by far my most worn lipstick shade in Autumn and Winter. It's that perfect vampy dark red with a hint of purple. It's a satin formula again which means you feel a bit of moisture on your lips and it has lasting power. I usually only need to reapply after I eat or drink something through the day.


Media


 So guys those are my top five Mac lipsticks! They are all completely different to each other so I hope I provided a bit of variety and there will be at least one that appeals to everyone! Thanks for reading!

Xoxo

Sinead

No comments:

Post a Comment